April 15, 2021
At D&S Dental, we’re proud to say we remained open for business during the pandemic, even last spring when dental offices were closed and only allowed to treat emergency cases. We used the slower time to 3D- print face shields for local first responders and later mask fitters for dental teams. As dental offices reopened, we never missed a beat. Our turnaround times never changed.
Our number one priority has been the health and safety of our employees and your dental team and patients. As an NADL- and DAMAS-certified lab, we already followed the highest standards for infection control and cleaning. Here are some of the precautions we continue to take to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
SHADE TAKING – We have suspended all in-person custom shades, but are offering a digital shade-taking solution, the ShadeWave Mobile app. Learn more at www.dnsdental.com/shadetaking.
CONTINUING EDUCATION – While D&S typically hosts 6-10 in-person CE seminars each year, we had to pivot and host a number of webinars in 2020 and this spring. We’re hoping to once again host some in-person seminars in the fall of 2021.
DIGITAL IMPRESSIONS – Since the onset of the coronavirus, the number of digital impressions we receive at the lab has increased significantly. That’s great news as digital impressions are safer and more accurate. Doctors are reminded that we offer $10 off each digital impression submitted and lab credits for monthly volume thresholds reached. Learn more at www.dnsdental.com/scanners.
- Our employees self-monitor their health and follow a strict policy on when they must stay home and when to return to work.
- Employees wear masks and practice social distancing in the lab. Hygiene reminders are posted throughout the lab.
- Our Waunakee headquarters boasts a high-efficiency air filtration system, which cleans the air of airborne particles including viruses and bacteria.
- We’ve installed clear plastic guards on work benches and floor markers showing six-foot distancing.
- Employees disinfect workspaces frequently and common areas are routinely cleaned and disinfected.
- Our Infection Control team uses EPA-approved disinfectants to disinfect impressions and everything that comes in contact with case boxes. They wear full PPE — gloves, masks, face shields and gowns when disinfecting.
- Our drivers wear facemasks when picking up or delivering cases to dental practices and social distance whenever possible.
Cash flow is an issue for everyone right now. If you have old crowns or bridges lying around, you may be able to redeem your precious metal scrap by sending it to a refinery. Call D&S if you’d like a reference.